Feb 6, 2010

Chris' Birthday

Today is our good friend Chris' birthday, he turned 24. His lovely girlfriend Cathy organized a day of fun to celebrate! We began the day at 10am meeting at a local cafe for brunch with about 13 friends.
Then at 12:30 we drove out to "The Cotter" to go blackberry picking with about 7 of us. Now blackberry picking may sound relaxing but it can be quite dangerous.....why dangerous you ask?Well many of the blackberry bushes are sprayed with poison by local rangers to stop them over growing everything, so you really eat them at your own risk. But Cathy being the good girlfriend she is went out a couple of days before and tested the blackberries in this area so we wouldn't get sick.
Caleb, Chris and Cathy very excited to start picking berries!


By 1:45 we had picked a lot of berries and we were starting to get hot. So the 7 of us moved down to the river for some swimming and eating.
By 2:45 it was just the 4 of us Chris, Cathy, Caleb and Camanda. We grilled and hung out until about 5:30 when Chris and Cathy had to leave to go to a family dinner.
I finished my day by napping in the shade while the others swam, this is my view from my 'napping bench'



3 comments:

Dave said...

Nice work Camanda!! I wish I could have been swimming in that river....instead, I was shoveling.

Mary Thorson said...

OK this may sound silly...but don't you worry about crocodiles in the river? Love the photos...your work always amazes me. I LOVE it!

Amanda said...

no crocodiles :) just a few small fish

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Shaming The Thorsons